The impacts of technology on the food industry have gone extensive. The food industry has developed tremendously in the 21st century and it has now become more complex to maintain the long chain of supply and satisfy the human love for food.
It requires innovation to maintain the processes in the food industry because food is one of the most important and the most loved obligations of human life.
It is important in maintaining a healthy life and normal growth. Due to the love of humans towards food, this sector is going to exceed $3.1 trillion by 2022.
Positive Impact of Technology on Food Industry:
Technology is providing convenience and aid in every aspect of life. It is providing human beings with convenience related to food.
Technology is playing a role in all aspects including food production, processing, packaging, safety, etc.
All those technological processes that help us in providing food to our belly can be incorporated into the positive impacts.
Increased food production:
Technology is serving a crucial role in the production of food. The population of the world is 7.5 billion and it is going to increase in the future. That is a big challenge to feed such a large population.
To fight hunger technology is helping us in producing more food. Agriculture technology is incorporating digital and advanced technology in producing food and raw materials for industrial and eating in restaurants.
- Drones are having applications everywhere and now in the food production sector.
- Precision agriculture is based on the drone and satellite imagery from above through drone cameras.
- It greatly helps in monitoring crop growth to effectively deal with the problem areas to avoid losses and ensure maximum production of food.
Technology in the meat industry:
- Artificial intelligence is effective in high poultry production. The global demand for meat and eggs is very high because it is used as raw material for other food items industries.
- AI is used to detect birds having a health issue through the sound of the bird.
- Moreover, to ensure the rapid pace of production, AI robots are used to perform different works on poultry farms and butchery.
- The robots and machines are doing difficult jobs of butchery and complex cutting of meat.
Improved food Storage:
After the production, the priority is the storage of food, and here comes one of the major positive Impacts of Technology on the Food Industry is that technology has enabled the food industry to safely store food for longer periods.
Companies have developed large storage facilities for food products. The storage area has the prescribed cooling or warm environment with the best nitrogen and oxygen levels.
Storage facilities are installed on transport vehicles to safely store and transfer food commodities with the required levels of chemicals, moisture, and air.
An oxygen absorber is used in storage facilities to prevent rotting and insect attacks on fruits, vegetables as well as meat.
The facility of the 3D food printer:
3D food printer is another charming wonder of technology in the food industry. Like an inkjet printer, the food printer can print mouth-watering food items like candies and a pizza of different layers and toppings.
Artificial intelligence is used that design the structure and layers of food according to the design fed to the software.
The food printer is being designed for the kitchens in homes and restaurants that will make tasty food at a much faster pace than humans with a delicate past-up.
It can make candies in seconds and delightful pizza in just a few minutes. It is also having great application in manufacturing industries of foods such as candies, snacks, and cakes.